A Deacon is chosen by God through the voice of the people and normally is installed for a three-year term of service. Deacons should be persons of strong faith, dedicated discipleship, and love of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel in the Church and in the world. Persons of spiritual character, honest repute, of exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, warm sympathies, and sound judgement should be chosen for this office.
1. Active and committed covenant partner of Northminster Presbyterian Church.
2. Faithful in worship attendance and with other involvement in church activities.
3. Love for Jesus Christ and commitment to follow his teaching by deed and example
4. Maintains a positive attitude toward others, self, and church
5. Generous with time, talents, and treasure in support of Christ’s ministry at Northminster Presbyterian Church.